FIND OUT MORE
01. Submitting Your Photo, Etc.. To be considered for the Search, visit cotton24hours.mtv.com (the "Web site") and click on the “Get Started’ button tobegin the submission process, and complete the following steps: (a) submit your completed entry form; (b) upload acolor photo of yourself wearing your favorite cotton outfit (No nudity, please); (c) tell us, in 300 words or less, why your cotton style is unique; and (d) indicate which of the style categories best represents your cotton style.Together, (a), (b), (c) and (d) are your "Submission". All photos must be owned or licensed to you, mainly feature you, be no larger than 5 MB in file size, and in jpg, png or gif format. Once submitted, all Submissions become the property of Cotton and will not be returned. All photos may be posted in anonline lookbook. Submissions will only be accepted from legal U.S. residents who are between the ages of 18 and 48 as of the date you apply. Hurry! The deadline for all Submissions is Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 11:59 a.m. ET. Cotton's computer is the official time-keeping device for purposes of the deadline.
02. Selection Process. Cotton is looking for fashionable men and women who represent the essence of style - in cotton apparel -- who are available to travel to Miami on November 17, 2011 and excited about joining us for4 days of activities in connection withCotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show. Style Icons will be proficient, but need not be fluent, in both written and spoken English, and comfortable walking up and down stairs and modeling apparel on a fashion show runway elevated as much as 100 ft. from the ground. Sorry: employees of Cotton, Jack Morton Worldwide, MTV, DDB, Mindshare, The Rock Group, Elite Model Management, ZM-PR and Elie Honein Photography (the "Participating Organizations"), and their immediate family members and persons residing in the same household of such employees will not be considered. If you are excluded from consideration, or if you do not want to be available for the various sessions and preparations involved in being part of Cotton's 24 Hour Runway Show, please do not transmit your Submission.All information on your Submission is subject to verification by Cotton. Cotton may call one or more applicants for phone interviews.
03. Becoming a Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show Style Icon. Cotton personnel may communicate with you by email, text, or phone, including cell phone, and, by sending us your Submission, you agree to be contacted in any of those manners. If we notify you that you are a prospective Style Icon, subject to your compliance with these requirements, we will ask you additional questions in an interview format, and your answers may be posted online along with your photo, style category, etc. as part of our promotional communications about Cotton's 24 Hour Runway Show. You may be required to complete a routine criminal/drug/background screening, must have a government issued ID or drivers' license and any documents required in order to travel by air, and upon Cotton's request, you must supply documented proof of age, identity and eligibility. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture ofthe opportunity to be a Style Icon. If you are offered the opportunity to become a Style Icon, you must execute an independent contractor agreement and otherwise satisfy all policies and procedures of Cotton applicable to independent contractors. The independent contractor agreement will include provisions requiring you to participate in all Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show activities and will also include waivers and releases by you of the Participating Organizations in connection with your participation in Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show, and all ancillary activities including other activities while in, and traveling to and from, Miami.
04. Being a Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show Style Icon. If you are selected as a Style Icon, you will have an opportunity to participate in Miami as part of Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show. This opportunity begins on November 17, 2011 and ends on November 20, 2011. Cotton’s 24Hour Runway Show starts at noon on November 19 and ends at noon on November 20. Your days will be filled with an itinerary of pre-show stylist sessions, rehearsals, and related activities and preparations on each day of the trip. Participation may require you to model at any hour, including between 12 a.m. and 7 a.m., as scheduled by Cotton and its designees. Each Style Icon will receive the goods and compensation described in your independent contractor agreement, and will includeround-trip coach-class air transportation from a major airport to Miami, Florida; 3 nights at a hotel in South Beach, $350 in spending money; and a new cotton outfit selected by you online within a budget we give you, and 1 Cotton Gift Bag consisting of one or more cotton t-shirts, journals, scarves, totebags, etc. The new cotton outfit will be selected by you from a selection of retailers provided to you by Cotton and given to you in Miami. We anticipate that the fair market value of your compensation will equal approximately $2,200. We will report the amount of any compensation to the IRS as miscellaneous income, so remember that you will owe taxes, depending on you tax bracket, on the value of this experience. Style Icons will book travel through, and cooperate with, Cotton's designated travel agency. You are required to obtain and maintain your own health insurance coverage and are responsible for anyand all costs you incur during the trip and your participation in Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show, in excess of compensation we provide, as detailed in your independent contractor agreement. Cotton's selection of applicable transportation and hotel accommodations is in its discretion.
05. RELEASE FROM LIABILITY: Participating Organizations are not responsible for, and, by applying, applicant, hereby releases each of them from, any claims of any nature arising from, or in connection with, the Search, your Submission, or Cotton's 24 Hour Runway Show, including any personal injury, death and/ or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, misappropriation of person, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
06. GENERAL; DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, participation in the Search and/or Cotton's 24 Hour Runway Show constitutes your consent to Cotton's and its agents’ use of your name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Search or Cotton's 24 Hour Runway Show will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain an award for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All claims arising in connection with the Search or Cotton's 24 Hour Runway Show shall be governed by, and these Details shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
Still have questions? Any questions, comments and concerns regarding this Search should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls will be taken.
COTTON’S 24 HOUR RUNWAY SHOW
Cotton clothing is unique in its ability to be both everyday and runway chic. Dressed up or dressed down, cotton can be worn for any occasion because of its incredible versatility. To celebrate The Fabric of Our Lives®, Cotton Incorporated is premiering Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show beginning 12:00 PM on Saturday, November 19 in South Beach.
From October 14 at 12:00 PM through October 26 at 11:59 AM, Cotton will be holding a national, online Style Search right here at cotton24hours.mtv.com to select 24 unique Style Icons to be flown to South Beach to participate in Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show. The 24 Style Icons will be selected based on a photo of their personal style and an explanation as to why their cotton look is unique. All Style Search photo submissions will be archived online in an interactive lookbook for all to see. However, only 24, will be receive flight accommodations, 3 nights at a luxury hotel and star treatment to prep them for their walk down the runway.
Starting October 26 at 12:00 PM, Cotton will begin announcing one Style Icon per day through November 18 at 12:00 PM over the course of the 24 days leading up to the event. During this time, participants are encouraged to check the site daily to see if they have been selected as a Style Icon and to get more details on Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show. Each day, one Style Icon will be featured on the homepage and the lookbook will be updated to populate with the 24 as they are announced.
On November 19 at 12:00 PM, Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show will officially go live and will stream right here at cotton24hours.mtv.com. The show will fuse on-trend fashion and versatility together through the combination of an innovative, vogue runway show and the unprecedented ability to showcase cotton apparel of all ranges for 24 continuous hours. As the show evolves from day to night, and back to day, the looks hitting the runway will illustrate the incredible versatility unique to cotton. The show will feature 1,440 cotton looks (one look per minute) and style unlike no other... not to mention celebrity appearances, local DJs and a seriously fun time.
Following the event, show highlight videos, “best of” show moments, and all 1,440 featured looks can be accessed here on cotton24hours.mtv.com.
World Premiere Cotton´s
24 hours runway show
Featuring 1440 Looks