SUBMIT YOUR LOOK
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Shop the Runway Contest Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND IN ALL U.S. TERRITORIES, POSSESSIONS AND ALL OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is only open to legal U.S. citizens residing in the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. Minors are responsible for, and are required to, obtain their parents´ or legal guardians´ consent before furnishing personal information and otherwise participating in this Contest. Employees of Cotton Incorporated, DDB, Jack Morton Worldwide, Mindshare, Time Inc., and their respective affiliates, officers, distributors, agencies, and prize suppliers, and their immediate family members and persons residing in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Entry: Promotion begins at 11:00 a.m. EST on March 7, 2013 and ends at 12:00 p.m. EST on April 4, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). During the Promotion Period enter by: (a) going to People.com/cotton24hours (the “Website”), (b) selecting one of the 74 cotton looks being featured from Cotton´s 24 Hour Runway Show (c) commenting on the selected cotton look, and (d) submitting your completed entry form. For your entry to be valid, you must tell us: (i) why you like the cotton look and (ii) where you would wear the cotton look. Limit one entry per person per valid e-mail address per day. Your comment may not be offensive, lewd or defamatory of any person or group, or include any elements or gestures that are illegal, obscene, offensive or inappropriate, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion. Your comment may not display or mention famous brands or trademarks. Entrant may not submit identical entry more than once. Entrants need not be present to win. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, the winner will be the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted on the online entry form. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify from the Contest and/or remove from displaying or publishing any entry that, in its sole discretion, refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively upon the Contest, or any person or entity or does not comply with these requirements or these Official Contest Rules. All entries are subject to verification. Entries that do not comply with the above requirements may not be eligible and, if submitted, may be removed at any time in Sponsor´s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Contest Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for (1) late, delayed, misdirected, garbled, or incomplete entries; (2) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry; (3) human error, technical malfunctions, or lost/delayed data transmission; any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, or software; (4) inability to access the Website; or (5) any other malfunction. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Contest Rules, please print them from the Website.
3. Judging and Judging Criteria: Each Wednesday during the Promotion Period, and on the Thursday immediately following the Promotion Period, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor will review all eligible entries received between the beginning of the Promotion Period, or the first day of the immediately preceding contest period, as applicable, and 11:59 a.m. EST on the Wednesday of the applicable contest period and select the winner for the applicable contest period. Entries do not carry over from week to week, so if you enter during one contest period, your entry is only considered during that contest period for weekly drawings. The panel of judges appointed by Sponsor will review all eligible entries and will select the contest period winner whose entry has met the submission criteria (tell us why you like the cotton look and where you would wear the cotton look) and has the highest point total based on the following criteria: originality and creativity (50%) and originality of stylistic vision (50%). In the event of a tie, the winning entry will be the entry among the tied entries which has the best written (grammar, structure, etc.) entry in the sole determination of the judges.
4. Prizes: Sponsor will award four (4) weekly prizes. Each Weekly Prize is one (1) AMEX® $350 gift card (Approximate Retail Value: $350.00). Some restrictions apply. Terms and conditions applicable to the gift card are established by the American Express Company. See www.americanexpress.com for details. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Some restrictions apply. All taxes and expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitutions or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at Sponsor´s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable. The difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value will not be awarded.
5. Entrant Representations and Warranties: By entering this Contest, entrant represents and warrants that (a) he/she consents to Sponsor´s use of his/her entry in this Contest in the manner set forth in these Official Contest Rules, (b) he/she has the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit the entry and to grant Sponsor the rights to the submission herein granted upon the terms and conditions set forth herein, (c) if the entrant is a minor, he or she has his or her parents´ or legal guardians´ consent prior to entering, (d) no part of the entry has been published by entrant, and (e) entrant will indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless for any breach of these Official Contest Rules.
6. General: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize constitutes and signifies winner´s consent that Sponsor and/or its agents may use winner´s entry, name, address (city and state only), prize information, and/or likeness for promotional purposes in any media now existing or hereinafter devised, without additional compensation. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to: i) disqualify from this or any Contest it sponsors, now or in the future, any person it finds, in its sole discretion, has intentionally violated these Official Contest Rules, tampered with the entry process, or any other aspect of this Contest, and ii) cancel or suspend the Contest in its entirety should tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor´s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper play of the Contest. This Contest will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of North Carolina, without application of any conflicts or choice of law rules. Disputes between a winner and Sponsor related to this Contest shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration heard by a single arbitrator in accordance with the then-current rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be conducted in English, in Wake County, North Carolina.
7. Releases: By participating, entrant releases Sponsor, DDB, Jack Morton Worldwide, Mindshare, Time Inc., Facebook Inc., Twitter Inc., Pinterest Inc., and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies and their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injury, death, loss, tax liability or damage of any kind arising from entrant´s participation in this Contest, or resulting from entrant´s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize.
8. WARNING. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS´ AND EXPERTS´ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Winners´ List. For winners´ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 30, 2013, to Winners´ List/ Shop the Runway Contest, c/o Intellectual Property & Contracts, 6399 Weston Parkway, Cary, NC 27513.
SUBMIT YOUR LOOK
Please review and confirm the details below prior to submitting.
YOUR LOOK HAS BEEN
SUBMITED TO THE
Style is meant to be shared. While we review yours, invite your friends to upload their favorite cotton looks too.
SHARE THE ROAD TO THE RUNWAY
Be sure to check back and vote on who you want to see representing your region´s style. You could be one of 48 finalists, win a weekly cash prize of $1,440, and score an all-expense paid trip to Cotton's 24 Hour Runway Show.
CHECK OUT WHERE WE'VE BEEN SO FAR!
Miss our style search squad? Be sure to submit your cotton style pic online now!
MIAMISee the looks from here
CHARLESTONSee the looks from here
RALEIGHSee the looks from here
ATLANTASee the looks from here
BIRMINGHAMSee the looks from here
NASHVILLESee the looks from here
HOUSTONSee the looks from here
NEW ORLEANSSee the looks from here
JACKSON, MSSee the looks from here
SCOTTSDALESee the looks from here
SANTA FESee the looks from here
AUSTINSee the looks from here
HONOLULU, HISee the looks from here
LOS ANGELESSee the looks from here
SAN FRANCISCOSee the looks from here
ORANGE COUNTYSee the looks from here
SANTA MONICASee the looks from here
BOULDERSee the looks from here
SEATTLESee the looks from here
LAS VEGASSee the looks from here
PORTLANDSee the looks from here
MISSOULASee the looks from here
KANSAS CITYSee the looks from here
LINCOLNSee the looks from here
BOISESee the looks from here
MINNEAPOLISSee the looks from here
CHICAGOSee the looks from here
COLUMBUSSee the looks from here
BOSTONSee the looks from here
QUEENSSee the looks from here
D.C.See the looks from here
BROOKLYNSee the looks from here
PHILADELPHIASee the looks from here
MANHATTANSee the looks from here
MANHATTANSee the looks from here